Often these are communities in crisis precipitated by any number of the following conditions:
- Crumbling existing, or lack of, water or wastewater infrastructure;
- Demographic tipping point – high median age, shrinking population;
- Economic distress – lack, or loss, of traditional employment; significant poverty rate;
- Environmental degradation and public health concerns;
- Lack of a ‘coalition of the willing’ i.e local expertise, staff, (or funding to hire same), to develop, design, bid, manage, and certify water infrastructure projects;
- Community dissent about prior decisions.
We look for committed community stakeholder ‘buy-in’ to participate and resolve water and wastewater issues.